You’ll feel right at home
The UIC Pavilion is dedicated to ensuring that all guests have a fun, safe and comfortable experience. Our welcoming house staff will be happy to help with any needs and inquiries you may have on event day. We handle ADA accommodations and seating, escorts to seats and sections, and will call and reserve pick-up for tickets. Don’t hesitate to reach out online or in person and we’ll make sure you have a wonderful time.
Parking and Transport
Code of Conduct
The UIC Pavilion is ADA accessible. A person with disabilities can enter at any door, and will have the use of the elevator depending on what kind of event or seat they have. For general admission events such as commencements, guests that require a wheelchair are advised to stay at the top of any open section on the mezzanine for their own safety. If a patron has a main floor general admission concert ticket, they are advised to use the elevators on the East end of the building to access the floor.
We also have wheelchairs available for rent to people who need them, free of charge. The guest needs to have a photo ID to be able to take the wheelchair around the building. All we ask is that at the end of the event, the guest brings it back to claim their ID.
The Pavilion offers wheelchair-accessible and companion seating on event by event basis. Event basis, wheelchair-accessible seating is available at the box office on event day and through Ticketmaster online. Guests with wheelchairs may make arrangements prior to arrival by calling (312) 413-5700 and asking for the guest service coordinator.
Metal Detector Policy
The use of metal detectors is required for any event held at the UIC Pavilion or UIC Dorin Forum which meet the any one of following criteria:
- The event is organized by an entity not affiliated with UIC;
- The organizers anticipate 400 or more persons will attend, or the UIC Venues & Events, in their sole discretion, believe there is a substantial likelihood that 400 or more persons will attend;
- Open to non-UIC students, faculty or staff;
- Alcohol will be served, there is a live band or other form of musical entertainment, or event has special circumstances, as determined by UIC Venues & Events.
All events where metal detectors will be utilized must notify attendees in advance. Persons entering metal detectors will only be required to remove their phones, keys, coins, wallets, etc. from their pockets. If a person sets off alarm, they must return to the metal detector entrance, remove all items from pockets and enter again. If they again set off alarm, they will be scanned by a hand held wand. After wanding if detectors still activate, patron will not be permitted to enter the venue.
Policy for the Bags, Purses and Backpacks: For safety reasons, bags, purses, backpacks and other large bags may not be permitted in the UIC Pavilion or UIC Dorin Forum.
- UIC Dorin Forum events that are only open to UIC Employees
- Events where materials necessary for the event are contained in the bags (ie. Job fairs, exhibitions, etc.)
- Purses, bags or containers larger than 12” x 6” x 12”
- Camera bags
- Cinch bags/drawstring bags
- Computer bags
- Coolers (including thermos)
- Fanny packs
- Luggage of any kind
- Diaper bags
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC that do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”. Bags may be hand carried or have a shoulder strap.
- One gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc).